Unified Cloud Continuous Controls Monitoring
The XM Cyber partnership with Microsoft Azure enables CISOs to better manage their cybersecurity ecosystem. They receive alerts from XM Cyber’s Continuous Controls Monitoring platform on the key aspects and issues in Azure Active Directory such as security misconfiguration, suspicious incident and investigation management, password policies, privileged accounts issues, user and role administration. In Azure Compute such as Virtual Machines, Function App, App Services, Batch Accounts, Container Instances, Kubernetes Services and various other compute service configurations, For Azure Security Center, receive alerts and recommendations for regulatory compliance, high severity alerts types regarding detections of malicious attacks and suspicious activities and more. This joint effort helps enterprises manage their cybersecurity environment and continuously monitor their cybersecurity ecosystem posture.
The integration between XM Cyber and Microsoft Azure offers CxOs powerful and effective resilience visibility along with compliance validation and controls, to secure and monitor Azure Active Directory, Azure Compute and Azure Security Center in an unprecedented manner. XM Cyber’s Continuous Controls Monitoring platform deploys to the corporate network automatically, in a matter of a few hours, predefined with security domains and CSC measurements to deliver three unique cybersecurity ecosystem views:
- First, it provides organizations with the best indicators of the cybersecurity tools that may be misconfigured, malfunctioning, or lacking and should be added to provide complete cybersecurity protection.
- It then reveals the security gaps that exist in each security domain and delivers continuous proactive recendations to close these gaps.
- Finally, XM Cyber’s machine learning analytics engine continuously calculates online measurements that represent normal behavior, and then alerts when a deviation from normal behavior is detected.
Fast and Secure Deployment
The XM Cyber connector for Microsoft Azure Active Direct, Computer and Security Center receives security and conﬁguration data from the Azure Cloud Platform via an Azure Resource Manager secure REST API, using low privilege user roles, such as reader.
Key Features & Beneﬁts of Continuous Controls Monitoring
- Cyber Hygiene Analysis and Reporting or Managers: Alerts and reporting regarding Azure Active Directory, Compute and Security Center current conﬁguration implementation status based on vendors’ and security standards best-practices, including security conﬁguration issues, incidents and investigations management, admins and roles administration, and more.
- Reduced Incident Analysis Time: XM Cyber provides continuous alerts on deviation from normal behavior in terms of Microsoft Azure, Compute, or Security Center implementation and effectiveness as well as continuous monitoring of relevant security issues in near real-time.
- Continuous Incident Response: Provides the CISO and other relevant managers in the organization, as well as the Azure Active Directory, Compute and Security Center technical owners with continuous mitigation recommendations and steps to improve, for securing and monitoring Microsoft Azure implementation, effectiveness, maturity and resilience from a management perspective in an unprecedented manner.
- Customizable Views and Reports: All views and reports could be modiﬁed to the organization’s needs and structure. The integration between XM Cyber and Microsoft Azure offers CxOs powerful effectiveness and resilience visibility, as well as compliance validation and controls.
Key Azure Active Directory Use Cases
Key Azure Compute Use Cases
Key Azure Security Center Use Cases
Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq: MSFT) is one of the world’s leading technology companies with products that include the Windows operating system, Ofﬁce productivity applications, and Azure cloud services. LinkedIn, its business- oriented social network, is used by millions to make connections. Outside the ofﬁce, Microsoft’s Xbox gaming system
is second only to Sony’s PlayStation. Microsoft’s customers range from consumers and small businesses to the world’s biggest companies and government agencies. Geographically, Microsoft’s revenue is evenly split between the US and the other countries. Microsoft founded in 1975.