Just like cyber defenders need visibility into the threats and vulnerabilities that jeopardize their key assets, smart companies seek visibility into who their ideal customers are and how their products fit their needs.
IT security leaders, however, are often so overwhelmed with the day-to-day demands of the job, that they have limited time to consider how today’s security tools fit within the broader context of their security posture. It’s also important for these leaders to have a strong grasp on how specific security tools can make their jobs easier — and provide a much higher level of critical risk management.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at who typically partners with XM Cyber and the advantages of doing so.
How XM Cyber Helps IT Security Leaders Solve Their Most Important Challenges
Before we discuss how our platform helps leaders address the core challenges associated with their roles, let’s walk through the underlying technology.
XM Cyber is the global leader in attack path management. Our technology brings a new approach that uses the attacker’s perspective to find and remediate critical attack paths across on-premise and multi-cloud networks.
The XM Cyber platform enables companies to rapidly respond to cyber risks affecting their business-sensitive systems by continuously finding new exposures, including exploitable vulnerabilities and credentials, misconfigurations, and user activities.
XM Cyber constantly simulates and prioritizes the attack paths putting mission-critical systems at risk, providing context-sensitive remediation options. XM Cyber helps to eliminate 99% of the risk by allowing IT and Security Operations to focus on the 1% of the exposures before they get exploited to breach the organization’s “crown jewels” – its critical assets.
IT security leaders, including CISOs, Heads of Vulnerability Management, Red/Blue Directors, Heads of Security Operations and Chief Security Architects all work with XM Cyber to overcome the most serious and sophisticated cyber risks.
Now, let’s break down what our technology has to offer each of these leaders in their specific roles.
- CISOs are tasked with securely enabling the business, overseeing digital transformation and ensuring complex security & compliance processes effectively managed. XM Cyber offers CISOs visibility of how an attacker can compromise the critical assets bringing to life an adaptive process that proactively manages exposure. The “attackers perspective” is then fused into the organization’s operation allowing improved control of risk in today’s dynamic hybrid environment.
- Heads of Vulnerability Management deal with vast volumes of vulnerability data, an often very manual process, internal silos, prioritization, patch tracking, and all this in a dynamic threat landscape. XM Cyber provides them with improved prioritization from cyber exposure analytics – greatly reducing the volume of vulnerabilities that require focus thus reducing the effort to fix “priority” vulnerabilities improving time to patch. XM Cyber looks at “risk towards” critical assets as opposed to “risk-on” critical assets thus helping to stop attackers higher up the kill chain.
- Red and Blue Team Directors have to manage complex testing operations which are often resource-intensive and limited in scope to a particular part of the environment. XM Cyber technology provides a way of dramatically but safely expanding capacity to continuously test all of the environment. The XM Cyber approach improves resource efficiency massively and allows Red/Blue teams to open up continuous purple teaming without additional investment in resources.
- Heads of Security Operations handle remediation, help manage detection and response times and often deal with limited attack surface visibility. XM Cyber provides attack telemetry that can enable improved prioritization of alerts, continuous and adaptive tuning of correlation engines improving time to detect, and the context needed for fast triage and response in the event of an incident.
- Chief Security Architects have the tough task of building the right architecture and operational model to underpin the objectives of the CISO. This will involve planning integration, consolidation, and managing the evolution in technology that opens up new possibilities. XM Cyber technology helps Chief Security Architects by providing a key strategic investment that benefits multiple operational processes and improves ROI and integration across existing investments.
XM Cyber technology allows you to understand the attacker’s perspective of the environment, offering cutting-edge cyber-attack path management technology featuring continuous attack simulation, visual attack path analytics, and prioritized remediation.
Our value proposition is powerful and straightforward. We provide continuous and safe attack path simulation across hybrid networks; cost-effective, fast and prioritized risk mitigation; adversarial focused risk reporting for board members, easy integration within operational and technology ecosystems, and fast ROI via our SaaS platform, which allows you to begin identifying and remediating threats quickly.
For CISOs and other IT security leaders, XM Cyber technology also serves another purpose: Helping them do their jobs more efficiently and effectively, while also significantly lowering the odds of a devastating data breach. No other platform offers the same powerful value proposition.
In a job where the stakes are usually high, the challenges ever more complex, and the pressure unrelenting, that kind of peace of mind is priceless.
Mike Heredia is VP EMEA & APAC at XM Cyber